Sunday, 15 July 2007

Is technology ruining our memories?

There's a report from the UK today about a study that seems to show technology is "dumbing down" our memories. A survey of 3000 people revealed that when it comes to remembering important dates such as the birthdays of close family relatives, 87 per cent of those over the age of 50 could remember the details, compared with 40 per cent of those under the age of 30.
Only 55 per cent of men could remember their wedding anniversary, compared to 90 per cent of women (ok, who are the other 10 percent?).
The study was conducted for Puzzler Brain Trainer magazine by Dr. Ian Robertson, a neuropsychologist from Dublin dubbed "the Mind Doctor" by the magazine.

No comments: