- On May 8, 2009, the Westlaw printers at Pittsburgh will be pooled into a single "Student Printer Pool". This pool will include both printers on the 4th floor and the printer on the 3rd floor.
- The printers will be pooled for at least one week or until the printer volume returns to normal.
- Print jobs are routed in sequential order ... not volume. So, shorter print jobs may get "stuck" behind longer print jobs.
- E-mail / Download will not be affected.
- Using http://findprint.westlaw.com is the best option to ensure all print jobs are sent together.
Tuesday, 21 April 2009
Pitt's Westlaw rep provides Write-On Competition tips
You may remember that last May the Write-On Competition created chaos in the computer lab as most of the 250 1L's tried to print 1000 pages of caselaw at the same time. In order to try to prevent a recurrence our Westlaw rep Ryan Vandegrift has scheduled several Write-On training sessions for students and is also providing handouts with Tips for the write-on competition. The main points that his handout makes are: