Among the PNSR’s key recommendations are:
- Establishing a President’s Security Council to replace the National Security Council and Homeland Security.
- Creating an empowered Director for National Security in the Executive Office of the
- Initiating the process of shifting highly collaborative, mission-focused interagency teams for priority issues.
- Mandating annual National Security Planning Guidance and an integrated national security budget.
- Building an interagency personnel system, including a National Security Professional Corps.
- Establishing a Chief Knowledge Officer in the PSC Executive Secretariat to ensure that the national security system as a whole can develop, store,retrieve and share knowledge.
- Forming Select Committees on National Security in the Senate and House of Representatives.